Guys!!! I just realised that my blog turned 1 year on 13th of June 2017… I forgot its birthday
Anyway, it has been a great a year for me, I met a lot of amazing people, read some awesome books, got to know great authors and most importantly I have found a place that feels like home – the book community, that I would like to thank for all those unforgettable moments that I will remember and cherish for a veryyy long time.
MY JOURNEY 2016-2017 IN STATS
It began as a website for my drawings, like a portfolio where I wanted to share my work and perhaps turn it into an online e-commerce website. However during that time I have discovered Goodreads and needless to say everything has changed and hey
The begging 2016
- September 22nd 2016
- First post Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children
- First post that gained attention SFATW: A FOOD GUIDE FROM BULGARIA
- First book review request from an author Review: Double Take (Book #1 In the Serial Killer Unit) by Allie Redman+Giveaway and Interview
- The month I had most visitors December with 81 views, 48 visitors, most viewed post with 12 views Review: Addictarium
- Most visitors from US – 46, Australia – 10, Bulgaria – 8 and UK – 4
- Total books read in 2016 – 24
- Total posts in 2016 – 33
- Authors I had the opportunity to work with in non particular order – Nicole D’Settēmi , Allie Redman, S.L Perrine , Brendan Murphy
- A big THANK YOU to Booktasters and Xpresso Book tours
- Awesome Book bloggers I have met Jackie at Death by Tsundoku ,Marie at Drizzle & Hurricane Books , Jamie Wu at Watch Game Read
- Total views 219
- Total visitors 123
- Total comments 14
Currently in 2017
- First post of 2017 Happy New 2017!
- Top 2 posts Interview with Joss Sheldon – 49 visits Interview with Jackie Sonnenberg – 34 visits
- Authors I have worked with/discovered in 2017 until now Jackie Sonnenberg, Joss Sheldon, Jane Lark, Oliver Kaufman, Courtney Peppernell, Karen M. McManus, Paul C. Nelson, Catherine Jones Payne
- The month with most visitors July with 173 views, 65 visitors, most viewed posts BOOK TOUR REVIEW + EXCERPT: The Windless Echo – Oliver Kaufman and BOOK TOUR REVIEW + EXCERPT: The Tainted Love of a Captain – Jane Lark +GIVEAWAY both sharing 13 views
- Total books read in 2017 until now 29
- Total posts until now 99
- Total views 804
- Total visits 374
- Total comments 85
- A big THANK YOU to Lola’s Blog Tours RABT Book Tours b00k r3vi3ws NetGalley Booktasters and Xpresso Book tours
- Awesome Book bloggers I have discovered in 2017 – Liv at Curlyhairbibliophile , Cait at Paper Fury , Jeann, Aila and Jenna at Happy Indulgence , Evelina at Avalinah’s books and many many more I will make a separate post about them ^.^
- Most visitors from US – 107, BG – 38, CA – 20 and AU – 16
Phewwww that took me like an hour to research and put together o.o
Thing I have accomplished (and I am proud of)
- I nearly finished my Goodreads Reading Challenge only 1 book left until my goal of 30 books is reached!!!
- I got my First NetGalley approval for Breakwater by Catherine J. Payne and One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Finally I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- I bought books some of the books I wanted
- South Korea was my host for 14 days!!! Literally my DREAM CAME TRUE!!
- I managed to post reviews and read, regardless of my busy schedule. There is always time for book right? ^.^
- I got auto-approved from 2 Publishing Houses on NetGalley
- Karen M. McManus, Laura SIlverman, Adam Silvera, Kara Thomas, James Breakwell, Linsey Miller , Claudette Melanson have interacted with me on Twitter and liked my posts/became friends with me and I amm likeee
- I watched 4 seasons of Parks and Rec. hihih and I watched more animes so yeyyy
- I have moved to a new flat with my 2 cats
- I am visiting more book blogs and booktubers and interacting more with my fellow book lovers
- I met awesome people over Goodreads – Paul , CW (Read Think Ponder), Popi G., Mischenko, Kevin, Jokoloyo and more!!
- For my biggest surprise I became #3 best reviewers and #6 top reviewers in my country on Goodreads and this is an accomplishment for me.
- I drew more and spent more time with my family.
Books I will purchase in 2017!!
and the list goes on, but these are the books I want to have the most in my possession. They shall be mine!!
The THANK YOU Project
This is a thing I have been planning for a while now and already put in practice. Basically it is a giveaway in a way with Bulgarian goodies and some souvenirs to the people I am grateful I have met this year in the book community and my way to say Thank you for the impact you left on me or just simply because you are awesome.
I hope that this explanation makes sense to you o.O… Anywayyy the first person I have chosen to begin with was Paul from Goodreads I have linked his profile bellow you can check it out. He is an avid reader and awesome person! So thank you Paul! I hope you will enjoy the things I sent your way!!
The people I wish to say THANK YOU if they are interested of course are
- Jackie B. at http://deathbytsundoku.com
- Cait at http://paperfury.com
- Marie https://drizzleandhurricanebooks.com
- Liv at https://curlyhairbibliophile.wordpress.com
- Evelina at http://avalinahsbooks.space
- Sylvia at https://serialbibliophile.wordpress.com/about-me/
Please let me know if you would like to participate, I would be sooo happy and glad if you do!!
THE 1ST ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY!!!
In order to celebrate 1 year of book blogging and pure awesomeness I am holding an International GIVEAWAY!! I have selected 4 books people rated as most wanted and should you win you could pick up the book you wish!!
The giveaway will be done through Twitter and Book Depository as long as they ship to your country. You can enter by RT and Following me on Twitter
— Lin (@LinLina911) July 13, 2017
The giveaway ends on 10th of August 2017 and a winner will be picked at random, announced and contacted on the following few days.
With this guys I thank you for taking the time to read this post, for supporting me during the past year and for simply loving books as much as I do and for being such an amazing community! Much love from Bulgaria!! <3